Monday, September 8, 2008

sick sick sick

Ellie and I got food poisoning over the weekend and it was just plain HORRIBLE!! She and I were locked in my room taking turns in the bathroom all weekend! Poor thing I felt so bad for her! I have to say, though, that it was quite nice to get that time with just Ellie and me...We watched Pollyanna together...I remember watching that as a little girl with my mom and dad so life came around full circle as I watched her watch it...and then I saw her cry at her first movie! If you have never seen the movie Pollyanna falls off a tree and her legs are paralyzed...Ellie kept saying "how sad for the little girl" and then I look over and she has tears running down her face!! It was so sad and cute at the same time! I reassured her that Pollyanna gets her legs fixed but she still thought that was so sad! We also watched Annie which she hadn't seen before either...poor Edwin had the boys all weekend to himself but he made it! he took them to McDonalds and let Everett climb up the top of the play area for the first time! Everett loved it...and Edwin gave them baths as soon as they got home :) Those play areas are just plain gross! But the kids love them! I am off to get some more rest but I will post some pics later of Edwin in his blues! He has to wear them every monday now and he looks SO GOOD!!!

1 comment:

amy said...

em... i can't even begin to imagine how horrible it was for both you AND ellie to have food poisioning. yuck. besides potty training, stomach bugs are my LEAST favorite parenting phase so far!! i can't wait to share pollyanna with abby... it was one of my favs as well. did you watch the one with haley mills? i grew up on all her movies...parent traps I, II, III, Pollyanna, Summer Magic... ahh, the memories! i can't wait until abby's old enough to appreciate them... right now we're still in the wiggles and dora phase!!!!