Friday, August 22, 2008

6 kids 5 and under!!!!

Yes that was my day today!!! They canceled school today for a "hurricane day" which didn't really start till about 5pm but whatever! Anyway a girl Edwin works with has a two year old and they canceled her daycare so she showed up at 6am with Riley. Of course I would watch her...it is the worst feeling to be stranded not knowing what to do with your kids...and then I had another friend with 3 and 4 year old boys that I watched for a couple hours also...PRETTY CRAZY!!! I mean that is a 5,4,3,another 3, 2 and 1 year old!!! You have to remember that it is raining so there is no taking the kids outside! To those of you who have known me all my life must be getting a good laugh...I mean I never did any babysitting or even wanted kids period! And now I can handle that! How much I have grown! They were all pretty good it just was a lot of kids in one house! My thoughts go out to the Wright's and the Rusch's who always had many more than that (and keep getting MORE)!!!! Seriously...I think I would go crazy! At least my most wonderful husband got home and sent me to my room to take a nap! My head was about to explode by the end of the day! Can he get any BETTER????? I love him and his new tattoo! Pictures of that will post soon :) Oh yeah you must be praying because Edwin and I both are feeling much more at ease the last couple of days :) Thanks!!!

3 comments:

Wright Family said...

I am so excited for you and your "preparation day" (you called it "hurricane day")! You know God equips the called; this day was no accident as there was no way you could say "no"! You would not "go crazy"; you would just go to heaven with a great reward! :)

You may not know that Catherine's ambition was to send all of her children to boarding school when they reached age 4! :o She liked babies but did not want to be bothered by older children messing up her life! :o Then she met the Father while in college, and boy, did he equip her! Now 10 kids later and a veteran homeshcooler of 24 years she has the ultimate job satisfaction!

Sorry for all the exclamation points; it just that I am so excited for you!

jerry

emily said...

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....so Jerry what are you saying????

Cathy M said...

Go Jerry....God is definitely in the miracle working business:) Emily, I knew how you were about the kids and I am AMAZED at the grace the Lord is giving you...you are a blessing to us as parents..Love you, Mom